Wednesday, May 11, 2011

T-minus ONE DAY!!!

Things are winding down, and we're about to set sail.  :)

We'll be hitting the road tomorrow.  Not sure when yet, but at some point tomorrow, we're gone.  Today, we still have a few things that need to be done on the camper, but not a lot.  I got up there early this morning and finished the second coat of white, so I've only got to the second coat of black on the stripe, and we're finished with that.

Right now, the van is in the shop, getting new brakes and shocks.  When I get her back, we're going to hook her up to the trailer, and take a few practice rides around the storage area.  I've only driven her once before, and that was taking her from my Mother-in-Law's yard, to where it's at now.  I've driven larger trucks before, so I'm not too worried about the ride tomorrow, but I still want to get a better feel for it, before departure.  We're considering taking to the road after the afternoon rush hour is over, and arriving at the closest Wal-Mart from our destination.  That's only a half hour out from where we're staying.  We're not sure yet, if we want to stay the night at the Wal-Mart, or head directly to the campground and set up Thursday night.  We'll be calling the owner's tonight and seeing what they'd prefer.

This has been an incredible journey so far.  Working on the Prowler with my wife has been a great experience.  I was never much of a carpenter, so I was kinda "winging it" through most of our projects.  I'm quite pleased with the end result though, and I believe we'll be quite comfortable in our new home.  We're seriously looking forward to this.  It's a dream come true.

Since the most recent pictures I've taken, aren't all that different from what I've been posting already, I think I'll just wait until we hook her up and get her ready to roll, before posting any more pics.  I'm very much looking forward to getting this blog a LOT more exciting, with stories and photos from our stay at The Pennsylvania Grand Canyon region.  Hope you stick around and enjoy it with us.

I must take a minute to thank all of you here, and so many other wonderful people who have these incredible blogs.  While they are packed with enjoyment, they are also packed with motivation, support and lots of knowledge.  We wouldn't have gotten this far without this great online "community" of wonderful people, living such a wonderful lifestyle.  I toast you all.  :cheers:

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I saw your entry on the forum about starting a blog. We are about a year away from selling the house and going full time. Still have tons of repairs to do on the house and also waiting for DH to retire in December.

    I enjoy following the blogs of those who are already on the road as well as others who are still working toward the dream. I lear a lot from all of you.

    ReplyDelete