Possibly... and I'm not sure yet, but possibly... the bottom just fell out. :(
Just got an email today from our work-camping employer, that due to the heavy winter snows, coupled with the extremely wet early Spring, they are delaying giving us a site. We can still WORK, but they will only give us 400 dollars a month for 40 hours a week between us. That's insane. I wouldn't mind if it was enough to cover another campground in the area, but it's not even close.
The area is inundated with drillers from out of state, capitalizing on the Pennsylvania abundance of Marcellus shale. The campgrounds have raised their rates dramatically, to profit heavily off the miners. I don't blame them at all, since the process will only be temporary, and most likely leave the area scarred or possibly even worthless for years. Unfortunately, right now... it's ruining OUR plans. Selfish? Sure, but in the end, at this stage of our lives... we have the right to be a little selfish. :)
I know this isn't insurmountable. We're not in danger of losing our lives, like the people suffering through these tornadoes that are ravaging the country. Our health is relatively good, and life is pretty sweet, for the most part. I don't want to sound like it's a major boo-hoo complaint, I'm just blogging, and as such, documenting what is going on in our lives right at this minute.
My wife is currently working her ass off to find us either another work-camping gig, or to find a decent rate in the area, so that we can work at our original job. We've got a few leads already, and are hoping to find success with some of them. It may lead to being in a different area altogether, but at this late date in the work-camping job hunt, we'll take what we can get. Any wishes of luck and support, would be greatly appreciated. :)